Being a college student who wants to go to University, I’m sure you all understand how stressful life can be when it’s time to revise for your exams. Not only do you have to revise for several things, you have to do it whilst balancing your social life, a job and actual college lessons. All these factors combined can result in a very hard few months so I’ve thought of a few revision and life tips I wish I knew when I first started exams. I really hope these tips help some of you, and you succeed in every way.
- Start revising at least 3 months before. If you’re first exam is in May, I suggest starting to plan what you’re going to revise in February. You don’t want to be one of those ‘last minute revisers’ and not get the grades you know you can achieve just because you felt slack.
- Before you start revising, make up a revision timetable. Dedicate a day to one subject and continue to do this throughout your revision time. It will help switch things up a little and *hopefully* not make you too bored.
- Highlight important stuff for all subjects. I highlight key words and it helps me remember what a certain person may have did or what something stands for.
- Take short breaks every hour. It helps you not switch off your brain and you’ll concentrate more.
- DO NOT procrastinate!! I did this when I first started having exams around 3 years ago and let me tell you, I didn’t do very well.
- Make your own notes out of the textbooks. Writing things out will help you remember it all.
- Do practice papers. This will help you know what the exam papers are going to be like in the actual exam and also help you be more prepared.
- Find a quiet space to revise. Don’t sit in your bedroom or a busy where you can hear a lot of noise, it will only make you lose more concentration!
- Sit at a desk/table. It helps you concentrate more than sitting on your bed.
- Lastly, BE POSITIVE. Go into your exams thinking your going to smash it, not fail it! By having a positive attitude you’re more likely to write more and hopefully pass!
These are my top tips for how I like to study. Everyone is different and like to revise in their own way but I think my tips are universal and can be used by everyone if they want to succeed. If you have exams coming up, I wish you all good luck! Tell yourself, I WILL smash these exams!!!!
*please feel free to follow me, it would mean SO much to me as I’m loving blogging and having your guys’ support is amazing. Thank you all so much :)*